2018 Vermont by Vermont Artists Print Series
We're hosting the second round of our Vermont by Vermont Artists Print Series. All artists and designers from around the state are encouraged to create original Vermont or Burlington-themed prints exclusively for this series. The winning submissions will be awarded purchase contracts of between 25 and 100 prints ready for retail sale. Winning purchase contracts range between $250 and $5000. We are working to create accessible, small batch art through this program, so prints must wholesale for under $50. **This is not a commission sale, but rather Common Deer will purchase the finished & individually packaged prints, handling all retail sales and promotion of the art print. Yes, this means cash-money in hand. Selected artists will also have additional opportunities for paid licensing of artwork, events, re-orders, and commissioned work.
HOW TO ENTER:
Please send the following to TEAM@COMMONDEER.COM by June 29th, 2018 with "Vermont by Vermont Artists Submission" in the subject line:
- Your name, location, bio, title of work
- File or photo of signed work (.jpeg, .pdf, or .png) with final colors and treatment
- Dimensions, paper type, packaging plans, and details about work and inspiration
- Estimated wholesale purchase price of 25 prints packaged & ready to sell
- Estimated wholesale purchase price of 50 prints packaged & ready to sell
- Suggested retail price (please note that retail price must be 2X or more than wholesale price)
At the close of the submission deadline, we will pick our favorites and order 25 - 100 prints for each, taking design, retail-ability, medium, packaging, and cost into consideration. All 2D art mediums are considered.
REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS
- Must be original work of artist and created exclusively for this program
- Artwork has to have never been sold before by the artist
- Artists can sell work independently at markets and on their own website
- Artists cannot sell the same artwork to any other retailers through wholesale or commission until 6 months after delivery of an order, and artist must check in with us before retailing product at or with another retailer
- Artists do not need to have prints available at time of art submission
- Final print dimensions must not exceed 24” x 36”
- Up to 5 submissions per artist (separate email for each submission please)
- Artwork must be submitted by email digitally or as a photo, rather than dropped off to store
- Production, packaging and all preparation will be the responsibility of the artist
- Estimated wholesale cost will include all artwork, development, production, labor, supplies, shipping/delivery to Common Deer, and protective packaging (cardboard tubes or cellophane sleeves with cardboard backing)
- Final delivery details and requirements, guidelines, and procedures will be available to finalists
- Temporary residents of Vermont and students are welcome to take part in this program
Footpath to the Wilderness, Zarabeth Duell
18 x 24 in. Linoleum block print on hand cut paper.
Duell's work is primarily inspired by the love for her native State of Vermont. Hiking along the Long Trail, both solo and with her family, continues to be one of her favorite activities.
Home at Last, Christina Bartonicek
8 x 10, linoleum carved oil based ink on paper
Bartonicek draws inspiration for her artwork from the natural world and the world of Folklore from the Czech Republic.
Barns of Vermont, Kate Robinson
6 X 16 , pen on paper
Robinson is a native Vermonter living and working in Burlington. This work is inspired by the many unique barns scattered throughout Vermont's beautiful landscape.
Lakeview from Campus, Cristina Mazzoni
8 x 10, watercolor print on paper
Mazzoni divides her time between Vermont and her native Italy and draws inspiration for her work from the colors of her two lands.