Common Deer is a retail business with a big mission: to make american made more accessible. With our growing operation, each team member is crucial to our success. We take hiring very seriously, and if you feel you're ready to have a ton of fun while working your tail off to help us grow - please apply!
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE TEAM
PLEASE APPLY ASAP, AS WE WILL BEGIN INTERVIEWS THIS WEEK.
We are on the hunt for an additional team member to join our customer experience team. Team members must be enthusiastic, creative people, who love welcoming customers to our store and representing the Common Deer brand. Team members are responsible for crafting and maintaining the customer experience in the store and generating sales. We work with over 300 small brands, and our store team is responsible for communicating those stories to our customers. They also maintain the retail space and the inventory, and make sure that customers are having a great time. Customer experience team members handle check-out and register procedures. Like all team members, this person will help with merchandising, creating visual displays, store operations, receiving inventory, providing feedback on brands and products, helping with events, and most importantly, customer service. Over time, team members gain additional responsibilities based on their skill set - to possibly include: designing products, assisting with marketing plans, generating new ideas, assisting with social media, planning programs, helping with buying, and much more!
In addition to hiring general Customer Experience Team members, we are also looking for team members to help with Marketing, Events, Inventory Receiving, eCommerce Marketing & Fulfillment, and much more!
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Technical computer skills/Ability to quickly learn POS system
- Proven retail sales and customer service skills
- Respect and enthusiasm regarding our mission
- Possess strong attention to detail and self-starter work ethic
- Be a team player, but also enjoy working independently
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Creativity and ability to thrive in fast-paced work environment!!!
- Interest in retail, gifting, and style trends
- "Can-do" attitude that brings energy and motivation to work
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs without accommodation
Candidates do not need prior retail experience. Instead, we look for a desire to learn, relevant job experience, and the right energy for our team. Dependability, personality, and work ethic matter most!
All candidates must have weekend availability (Saturday or Sunday) and available 20 - 40 hours per week. Must be available the majority (but not all) of the following days: Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Dec 13 - 23.
Scroll to bottom of page to apply.
- 3 hour training on November 12, 13, or 14
- Nov 23 (Black Friday) and/or Nov 24 (Small Business Saturday)
- 3 out of 7 of the following: Dec 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- 3 out of 5 of the following: Dec 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HOW TO APPLY
Send all employment applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the correct subject line:
- HIRE ME: (insert your position of interest)
In addition to attaching your resume, please answer the following questions in the body of the email.
1. Do you plan to depart Burlington within the next year? i.e. applying to grad school?
2. How many hours are you looking for per week?
3. What other time commitments do you have on a weekly basis?
4. Please note which you are available to work: Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving (Black Friday, Small Biz Sat) and Christmas Holiday Week (December 20 - 31). Please note that candidates with limited availability during our busiest times may not be reviewed.
5. Please briefly describe your retail experience.
6. What additional skills would you bring to the position?
7. When are you available to start training?
8. One sentence summing up why you want to join the Common Deer team.
Please note that we are not able to respond to every application, and are unable to consider incomplete applications. Feel free to drop your complete application off at the store.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Common Deer team!