Honor Leather Parks Crossbody Pouch
Regular price $225.00
Unit price per
The Parks Crossbody Pouch is cut from a single piece of Wickett & Craig’s vegetable tanned Traditional Harness leather.
Vegetable tanned leather is a beautiful and durable material that will develop a unique character (patina) over decades of use. The process of vegetable tanning is far less pollutive than that of chromium tanning (most commonly used) as vegetable tanning simply uses tree bark to facilitate the transformation from hide to leather.
The leather used is Full Grain meaning it retains all the character from its previous life on the range: insect bites, stretch marks, and scars are all still visible making no two hides (and therefore bags) alike. We believe in honoring the previous life of each hide and are grateful for the opportunity to highlight the beauty in imperfection while creating something unique that will serve for decades to come.
Honor Leather bags are hand sewn using saddle stitch construction which is one of the oldest and best ways to join leather. Saddle stitching uses two needles and one thread and each individual stitch is effectively a knot which ensures far greater strength than a machine lockstitch. They use high quality Ritza Tiger braided thread from Germany which is world renowned for its strength. They use solid brass hardware and all stress points are reinforced with solid #12 brass rivets and burrs manufactured by The Buckleguy. This bag is named for Meg’s maternal Grandmother whose surname was Parks.
All of our bags are editioned, photographed and cataloged. Each bag is one of a kind and made with honor just for you!
Measurements are 10” x 5” x .5”
Removable strap is 51“ long.
Made in United States of America
Thank you for supporting American Made.
Goods Made Here.
Why Common Deer?
- FREE GIFT WRAP. reusable and full of "wow", available on non-sale items $25+ only! individual items can be combined to get to this minimum.
- FAIR WAGE SHIPPING. our fulfillment team is paid fairly and most of our materials are reused from receiving! While this method takes more time, it means reducing our impact on the environment.
- MORE IN STORE. only about 10% of our inventory is listed online. The store is the full experience and we can't wait to see your face.
- BEST GIFTS. we were voted Best place for Unique Gifts in Vermont by our community!
- SHOP SMALL. rest assured knowing your picks support families and employees of the little businesses, including ours! Thanks for helping us towards a diversified economy.
- BUY BETTER. there are so many reasons to support domestic products, to include jobs, higher standards of production, less overseas freight costs, less waste, better quality, and much more! We encourage you to buy less, buy better. Thank you for supporting American Made.
common deer maker profile
Honor LeatherLearn More
Common Deer supports GOODS MADE HERE. Choosing domestic goods, lessens our impact on the planet, creates a more fair economy, and ensures artists do what they love
Need it Wrapped?
Please write which items you'd like "gift wrapped" in the notes before submitting your order! We're happy to wrap non-sale items over $25 in our reusable burlap bags.